Castle Stolzembourg, Luxembourg
Other names: Chateau Stolzembourg, Stolzebuerg, Stolzemburg
Stolzembourg is situated in the valley of the Our 6 km upstream from the touristic centre of Vianden.
A varied scenery, invites all naturists for walks across the vast forest and narrow valleys.
A bell, dating from before 1585, and a church has witnessed the long history of the village and its parish.
The chateau of Stolzembourg is situated on a hill in the centre of the village. It was destroyed in 1454 by the Governor Antoine Croy and, a second time, in 1679 by the troops belongings to Louis XIV. In 1898 it was rebuilt in a Scottish style.
Today, it is privately owned.
How to get there
From Vianden, bus direction Obereisenbach. Please note the last bus ride is in the late afternoon.